Inquiring Leader Questions
- What can I/we learn from this mistake or failure?
- Am I listening with an open mind, especially to dissenting opinions or information I don’t like or agree with?
- How can I best empower others in developing their leadership skills so we keep our leadership pipeline robust?
- How will this decision affect us in the short term and in the long term and what might be unintended consequences both negative and positive?
- Am I (are we) behaving consistent with our values?
- What inquiry practices can we embed in the everyday culture of our team and organization?
- How can I/we guard against the tendency to assume I’m right and against looking for quick fix answers?
- What assumptions am I (are we) making regarding this situation, decision, or policy?
- Am I listening, speaking and behaving with respect, regardless of whom I am speaking with?
- How can I guard against the expectation that leaders should have all the answers?
Click here to read the description of an Inquiring Leader.